Introducing Keri-Anne Scott, MMS-c PA-C
Keri-Anne Scott joined MetroDerm, P.C. in February 2014. She worked alongside Dr. Diamondis Papadopoulos, general Dermatologist, and Mohs surgeon, as his Physician Assistant and Surgical Assistant at our Atlanta and Hiram locations. Keri-Anne has now joined the Hiram location full time with Dr. Corrie Alford. She has a concentration in general dermatology, cutaneous oncology, and cosmetics.
- A PA-C is a Certified Physician Assistant. A PA-C is a mid-level medical practitioner who works under the supervision of a licensed doctor/MD or steopathic physician known as a DO.
- Because of a shortage of family physicians, the physician assistant profession was initiated in the 1960s in response to the need for more clinicians. The addition of physician’s assistants dramatically increased access to health care. The first PA program was developed by Dr. Eugene Stead, chairman of the Department of Medicine at Duke University, to train PAs for rural areas with dwindling numbers of physicians and nurses.
- Today the term “physician assistant” has a more precise definition as it applies to the mid-level practitioner who is able to practice medicine under the auspices of a licensed physician. Although the physician need not be present during the time the PA performs his or her duties, there must be a method of contact between the supervising physician and the PA at all times.
Keri-Anne Scott grew up in Sioux City, Iowa. She played for the Georgia State University women’s golf team while completing her Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology. Following graduation, Keri-Anne received her Master of Science degree in professional counseling and provided psychotherapy to adolescents and adults for Ridgeview Psychiatric Institute in Smyrna, Ga. She went back to school to broaden her medical knowledge and training by earning her Master of Medical Science from Emory University School of Medicine, Physician Assistant program.
Keri-Anne Scott truly enjoys getting to know and understand her patients and their needs. Keri strives to establish a patient-centered relationship that allows for empathetic listening and good communication to help her patients with their skin conditions and skincare concerns.
- Emory University, School of Medicine, Master of Medical Science
- Mercer University, Master of Science in Community Counseling, Magna Cum Laude
- Georgia State University, Bachelor of Arts Degree with Honors in Psychology
- Certification: Georgia Composite State Board of Medical Examiners and maintains certification with the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
Keri-Anne Scott, PA-C is a highly-trained and educated physician assistant and a valuable member of the MetroDerm, P.C. team. She sees patients and prides herself on excellent communication and diagnostic skills. MetroDerm, P.C. has three locations: Johnson Ferry Road in Atlanta, Lilburn, and Hiram. If you would like to schedule an appointment with physician assistant Keri-Anne Scott, please call the Hiram office at 678-363-3343.