As we age, our faces begin to lose shape. In the quest to eradicate the signs of aging, patients continue to demand better results with less recovery time. Recent advances in technology aim to meet those demands, giving MetroDerm, P.C. physicians and patients many options for facial augmentation. Radiesse® offers an immediate radiant, refreshed look that is safe, effective, and FDA-approved.
Radiesse® is a soft tissue filler that provides structure and support for your skin through its calcium-based microspheres and gel. Not only does this product fill creases or depressions in the cheeks and lessen facial fine lines or wrinkles around your mouth, chin, and nose, but the patented product stimulates collagen production for longer lasting results as well.
- Radiesse® is an injectable soft tissue filler composed of calcium-based microspheres and gel that reduces facial folds and wrinkles around the mouth and nose as well as corrects creases or depressions in the cheek area. It can also be used on the hands to add fullness to thin skin.
Candidates for Radiesse®
Radiesse® is a proven treatment for removing well-defined wrinkles or creases that show up between the nose, mouth and other facial areas, along with correcting acne scars and thin lips. It is made from a material that occurs naturally in our own body tissues and is a popular alternative to bovine and solid implant materials. It can be used to address a number of aesthetic concerns:
- Nasolabial folds, or folds in areas around the nose
- Perioral lines
- Lip enhancement for thin lips
- Depressed scars from acne or other trauma
- Oral commissures
How long does Radiesse® Last?
Radiesse® will reduce the signs of aging in the face such as wrinkles, fine lines, folds, or depressions in the cheek area. Your physician can perform the procedure in 20 minutes at MetroDerm, P.C. in Atlanta, GA, with results that last for a year or longer.
About the Procedure
The calcium-based microspheres and gel add volume and strength to the skin as well as stimulate the growth of your own natural collagen. While your body will eventually absorb the product, the new collagen production that Radiesse® generated will last much longer, keeping your face looking youthful and vibrant.
- Using a very fine needle, Radiesse® will be injected into soft tissue just under the skin. This tissue then takes on the properties of the tissue into which it is injected.
- If injected into bone tissue, it will harden.
- If injected into soft tissue, it will remain pliable.
- Radiesse® treatment involves very little discomfort.
Aftercare and Recovery
Treatment requires little to no downtime with most patients able to return to their daily activities immediately following the procedure. Common side effects include those usually associated with injections such as slight pain, tenderness, redness, swelling, bruising, firmness, and bumps around the injection site.
Each patient is unique; therefore, results of treatment may vary.
Contact The Center for Plastic Surgery at MetroDerm to ask questions about Radiesse® and how it could make you look and feel younger. Farzad Nahai, M.D. and Mary Popp, R.N. have extensive training and experience in Radiesse® injections. They are well known in the Atlanta Metro area and have patients come from Roswell, Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Duluth and Marietta to have their Radiesse® treatments.