Introducing Dr. Diamondis Papadopoulos
Dr. Diamondis Papadopoulos has served as medical director and partner at MetroDerm P.C. since founding the practice in 2003. In addition to his specialty in Mohs micrographic surgery, Dr. Papadopoulos is an expert in cosmetic dermatology and hair transplantation. Dr. Papadopoulos works with patients at the Hiram office and Johnson Ferry/Perimeter office.
Dr. Papadopoulos is nationally and internationally recognized for his contributions to the field of Mohs micrographic surgery. Most notably, he is responsible for the development of the myocutaneous island pedicle flap for nasal tip reconstruction in 1999. Academically, Dr. Papadopoulos has authored and co-authored many articles on skin cancer surgery and reconstruction and served as the editor of the Yearbook of Dermatologic Surgery in 1997 and 1998.
- Dr. Diamondis Papadopoulos received his M.D. degree from the University of Athens Medical School in 1982. Following graduation, he trained at Emory University in Pediatrics for three years.
- In 1986, Dr. Papadopoulos was named resident of the year for the Emory University Pediatric Residency Program and was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society Emory Chapter.
- From 1986 – 1989, Dr. P. completed a residency at Emory University in Dermatology.
- Dr. Papadopoulos practiced dermatology privately in Atlanta from 1989 until 1992.
- From 1992 – 1993 Dr. Papadopoulos completed a ACMS fellowship in Mohs Surgery and Dermatologic Surgery at the Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation in La Jolla, California, under the mentorship of Dr. Hugh Greenway.
- From 1994 until 2003, Dr. Papadopoulos served as the co-director of the Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Dermatologic Surgery division of the Department of Dermatology at Emory University.
- In 2003 Dr. Papadopoulos founded MetroDerm, P.C.. Since 1994 Dr. Papadopoulos has performed over 20,000 Mohs procedures.
Dr. P., as he is known to many, continues to serve academically as Associate Clinical Professor of Dermatology and Clinical Instructor of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery at Emory University. Dr. Papadopoulos is a Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, a Fellow of the American College of Mohs Surgery, and a Fellow of the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery. He holds memberships with the American Medical Association, American Society of Phlebology, European Academy of Dermatology, Atlanta Association of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery, and the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery.
Dr. P has appeared on local and national media outlets, including CNN as a skin cancer expert. He has been married for 38 years and is the father of three. Cooking, gardening, and traveling are his hobbies.
Dr. Diamondis Papadopoulos loves his work. He’s a remarkable doctor who is highly trained and experienced. He is one of the many reasons MetroDerm and its staff have great reviews and many referrals. Patients come to Dr. Papadopoulos from areas all over Georgia for the expert treatments he provides. If you live in the Atlanta Metro area you are close to one of MetroDerm’s four locations in Atlanta, Alpharetta, Hiram and Lilburn. Call today if you are having a skin problem, want to get your moles checked, or are thinking about plastic surgery.