Introducing Dr. Dino Anastasiades
Dr. Dino Anastasiades joined MetroDerm P.C. in 2009. He is a general pathologist with expertise in dermatopathology. Dr. Anastasiades works at the Johnson Ferry/Perimeter office.
What does a dermatopathologist do?
- Dermatopathology cases may include melanoma, and other skin disorders; immunologic, infectious and pediatric diseases.
- Specialized pathology of the skin.
- A dermatopathologist is a highly trained physician who specializes in diagnosing disorders of the skin under a microscope. The subspecialty of dermatopathology is a combination of both dermatology (the diagnosis and treatment of skin, hair and nail diseases) and pathology (identification of diseases microscopically).
- A dermatopathologist is often referred to as the Sherlock Holmes of Skin because, in order to make a definitive diagnosis, he or she must make microscopic observations regarding your skin tissue, as well as assess information received from your physician.
- Because of this highly specialized pathology, a dermatopathologist should be the diagnostician of choice when your physician suspects various skin diseases. Dermatopathology cases may include melanoma, and other skin disorders, immunologic, infectious and pediatric diseases. Since a misdiagnosis of certain skin disorders can be fatal, it is imperative that you and your physician receive the most accurate and timely diagnosis.
- Diagnosing your skin tissue is not another automated laboratory test. Dermatopathologists provide a personal, consultative service to your physician, which includes analyzing your medical information in conjunction with observations through the microscope. The ultimate goal is to provide the best possible patient care for you, the patient.
Dr. Anastasiades received both his undergraduate degree and M.D. from the University of Florida in Gainesville, FL. He then went on to complete an internship and residency program in Anatomical and Clinical Pathology at Grady Memorial and Emory University Hospitals. Following those programs, Dr. Anastasiades completed nearly two years of residency in general surgery at Georgia Baptist Medical in between completing his residency in pathology. Following his residency, he studied dermatopathology under Tom Wade at South Fulton Hospital. He has authored multiple publications in peer-reviewed medical journals.
Dr. Dino Anastasiades is a Diplomate of the American Board of Pathology. He is a Fellow of the American Society of Clinical Pathology and a Fellow of the College of American Pathology. He is an Associate of the American Society of Dermatopathology.
Dr. Dino Anastasiades is a highly-qualified pathologist who accepts the challenges of his job and aids the doctors at MetroDerm, P.C. in the diagnosis and treatment of skin diseases. He studies the latest techniques in dermatopathology and works alongside the doctors and surgeons to safeguard the health of all MetroDerm’s patients.
If you think you may have a suspicious growth on your body, and would it looked at, call us today to make an appointment for an appointment or a consultation. MetroDerm, P.C. treats patients from all over the metro Atlanta area including N. Druid Hills, Dunwoody, Decatur, Suwanee, Doraville, and Duluth.