Resources to help you choose a dermatologist or surgeon
There are several qualities to look for when choosing a dermatologist or surgeon:
- Check the doctor’s credentials and read his/her bio; board certification is important.
- Go for a consultation, ask questions, and evaluate the doctor’s communication style.
- Look at before and after photos and read patient reviews.
- Consider insurance coverage: discuss it with the office manager.
If you would like to read more detailed information, MetroDerm, P.C. recommends the following websites:
- American Academy of Dermatology – Information on a variety of skin conditions and skin cancer.
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery – Information about dermatologic surgery and procedures.
- American College of Mohs Surgery – Detailed information about Mohs surgery.
- American College of Phlebology – Information about treatments for varicose and spider veins.
- National Cancer Institute – Comprehensive information about skin cancers.
MetroDerm, P.C. has skilled, certified dermatologists and surgeons for all types of diagnosis, treatment, surgery, and plastic surgery. You can trust this group with the care of your family’s skin from infants to seniors. This full-service practice also provides aesthetic treatments and plastic surgery for those who want to have anti-aging treatments or procedures.
MetroDerm, P.C. has convenient locations all around Atlanta and the outlying communities of: Milton, Alpharetta, Acworth, Dallas, Sandy Springs, Doraville, Dunwoody, Decatur, Brookhaven, and more. Call to set up a consultation with one of our friendly dermatologists.