Feel better about yourself.
The high-energy, amplified light waves of the carbon dioxide (CO2) laser vaporize the top layer of skin instantly, with no bleeding and minimal trauma to the surrounding skin, eradicating wrinkles caused by excess sun exposure, crow’s feet, and acne scarring.
Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing Candidates
Most patients are candidates for fractional CO2 laser resurfacing. However, a consultation with a skin care expert will allow us to plan a customized regimenn for optimal results. laser resurfacing has a positive impact on:
- Fine lines and wrinkles in the eye and mouth area, as well as on the forehead
- Scars caused by acne or chickenpox
- Skin damaged by the aging process or sun exposure
- Liver spots
- Certain types of birthmarks
About the Procedure
The lasers used for fractional CO2 laser resurfacing are specifically designed to target certain skin flaws, such as fine lines, wrinkles, scars, and pigmentation problems without damaging the deeper layers of the skin. For the fractional CO2 laser resurfacing procedure, a special device is used to deliver laser energy to the damaged skin. This precise nature of laser energy targets only the problem areas.
As the laser energy is administered, the outer layer of skin is removed and the deeper layer, or dermis, is heated to stimulate the production of new collagen fibers. The collagen creates new skin that is generally smoother and tighter. A moist dressing is applied to the treatment area to help with the healing process. Post-treatment care plays an important role in the outcome of fractional CO2 laser resurfacing. Patients should follow instructions carefully after treatment.
Aftercare & Recovery
- After the procedure, your skin may feel warm and appear a little sensitive and pink.
- Apply an ice pack to the treated area when you get home to accelerate recovery.
- Avoid using makeup for a week, and then use mineral makeup.
- Avoid excessively hot water or cold water.
- Avoid strongly scented lotions or soaps, exfoliating creams, and scrubbing.
- Avoid picking or scratching at the skin.
- Apply SPF 30+ sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun.
In some cases, several treatments may be required for best results. While fractional CO2 laser resurfacing does provide long-term improvements to skin tone, texture, and pigmentation, patients are advised to use proper protection against sun exposure and other environmental factors that cause damage to the skin. Daily skin care is also important in maintaining results.
Each patient is unique; therefore, results of treatment may vary.