Better Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation, or augmentation mammoplasty, is one of the most common cosmetic surgery procedures performed in Atlanta today. Over time, factors such as age, genetics, pregnancy, weight changes, sun exposure, and gravity can cause the size and shape of the breast to change. Dr. Farzad R. Nahai, board-certified plastic surgery and Atlanta breast augmentation expert, can give you the voluptuous breasts that you once had or always dreamed of.
Atlanta Breast Augmentation Candidates
You may be a candidate for breast augmentation surgery in Atlanta if your breasts are fully developed, and you are physically healthy. Pregnant or breastfeeding women are not candidates for breast augmentation; however, many women consult with Dr. Farzad R. Nahai after pregnancy or weight loss because they are dissatisfied with the loss of breast shape and volume. Other reasons include size (too small), and asymmetrical appearance (not same size).
During a breast augmentation consultation with Dr. Nahai in our Atlanta office, he will discuss the procedure, listen to your expectations and expertly determine the best surgical solution. It is important that patients have realistic expectations and openly communicate with Dr. Nahai for the best possible outcome and recovery.
Breast Augmentation Solutions
- Saline implants are made of a silicone shell and are filled with sterile saline solution or salt water. Sterile saline solution has the same salt concentration as the body, which means that the solution presents little health risk.
- Silicone implants, approved by the FDA in 2006, are made of a silicone shell and are filled with silicone gel. There is no significant evidence that suggests silicone implants increase your risk for breast cancer, connective tissue disorders, or autoimmune disease.
About the Procedure
A successful treatment plan producing natural-looking results can only be achieved by working in collaboration with the patient to understand their specific needs. For his Atlanta breast augmentation patients, Dr. Nahai uses an approach combining face-to-face meetings along with digital imaging to develop the patents individualized surgical plan. With this state-of-the-art technology, a patient can view before and after images of her surgical procedure.
Breast implant surgery is performed using general anesthesia to ensure patient comfort and takes a little more than an hour to complete. Afterward, patients will wear a compression garment for two weeks.
Aftercare & Recovery
After the procedure, your breasts will be wrapped in gauze and an elastic bandage or support bra to minimize swelling and support the breasts as they heal. You will be closely monitored in a recovery area for a minimum of one hour. You may be allowed to go home when you are stable for discharge.
Dr. Nahai will provide specific postoperative instructions including:
- Wear your support garment around the clock as instructed.
- Follow instructions carefully on cleansing, applying ointment and bandaging.
- Avoid normal activities for the first several days to minimize the likelihood of bleeding into the pockets around the implants.
- Patients may receive post-op medication if they weren’t prescribed in advance. This may include pain pills and antibiotics to prevent infection.
- A follow-up appointment will be scheduled. It is very important to keep this appointment.
Acute pain subsides after one to five days but swelling and soreness can linger for a few weeks. Dr. Nahai will notify you when you can resume exercise and normal activities. Final results may not be apparent for a few weeks until the swelling subsides and the skin stretches. Dr. Nahai is committed to ensuring your surgery is totally successful. Please call his office at any time if you have questions or concerns.
Each patient is unique; therefore, results of treatment may vary. A consultation with Dr. Nahai, one of Atlanta’s top breast augmentation surgeons, will help you understand the benefits and risks.
Atlanta Breast Augmentation Resources
Request your consultation with one of our Plastic Surgeons in Sandy Springs or Hiram to learn more.